Based on IMO Model Course 1.21
This course offers junior and experienced crew members the basic health and safety advice required on modern and traditional vessels.
This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for seafarers for familiarization, basic safety training and instruction in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code.
A trainee successfully completing this course will be able to:
- comply with emergency procedures
- take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- observe safe working practices
- recognize and identify hazards on board
- understand orders and be understood in relation to shipboard duties
- contribute to effective human relationships on board ship
- comply with seafarer hygiene and seafarer well-being practices
- recognize the dangers and causes of fatigue