This course covers the training recommendations in annex 3 to the IMO Assembly resolution A. 703 (17) – Recommendation on Training of Radio Operators related to the Restricted Operator’s Certificate (ROC) and revised it to meet the Radio Regulations (RR). Every person in charge of/or performing radio duties on a ship that is required to participate in the GMDSS is required to hold an appropriate certificate related to the GMDSS
- Operating skills of the GMDSS equipment within the assigned area.
- Having the primary responsibility to radio communications during distress-, urgency-, safety and routine incidents.
- Resolving the problems which will be being experienced in the GMDSS as a result of the large amount of false Distress alerts that sometimes occur.
- The techniques to avoid the unintentional transmission of false distress alerts.
- The procedures to use in order to mitigate the effects of false Distress alerts following unintentional transmission.
Provide the trainees with the necessary knowledge, understanding and competency to transmit and receive information using GMDSS subsystems and equipment, and fulfilling the functional requirements of GMDSS, and to provide radio services in emergencies.
Duration: 5 Days
Attendance: 100% attendance is required
Entry Requirements: This course framework requires a little knowledge of maritime radio communication practice, but a working knowledge of English as a second language. Elementary computer skills are assumed in the recommended course timetable. Candidates are assumed to have basic computer skills in order to participate in the course.
Accreditation: FTA (UAE)