Based on IMO Model Course 3.27
This course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated Ship Security Plan (SSP) duties to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and Section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code as amended.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence to enable them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness, and the ability to recognise security threats and to respond appropriately.
Areas covered will include:
- Knowing the meaning and requirements of the different protection levels
- Recognising and detecting dangerous and harmful substances and objects
- Recognising potential terrorists or suspicious situations without distinction as to race, culture, gender, language, ethnicity, etc.
- Learning techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Knowing emergency procedures and contingency plans