This course provides students with awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management, and the style of the course encourages participation, sharing of best practice, knowledge and experience.
- The mandatory requirements for training in the human element
- Leadership and management at the operational level as set out in Regulations II and III of the International Convention on Standards of Training
- Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW).
- The awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management.
- Identify why humans take risks and make mistakes.
- Explain team workings and how to enhance team performance.
Students will acquire and develop tools and practical skills to enhance their maritime resource management capability. This training is a prerequisite for a first Certificate of Competency (CoC) issued by the MCA meeting the requirements of Regulation II/1, III/1 and III/6.
Duration: 3 Days
Attendance: 100% attendance is required
Entry Requirements: This training is a prerequisite for a first Certificate of Competency (CoC)
Accreditation: MCA (UK)