This course meets the latest mandatory requirements for approved training in the human element, leadership and management at the management level and the standards of competence to be achieved. This course is normally for technical officers following an approved education and training program leading to MCA certification
- The obligatory requirements relevant to bridge resource management
- Engine-room resource management
- Application of leadership
- Teamworking skills as set out in Tables A-II/1, A-III/1 and A-III/6 of the International Convention on Standards of Training
- Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) incorporating the Manila amendments.
This course is normally for technical officers following an approved education and training program leading to MCA certification:
- Chief mate or master on ships of 500GT or more
- Second engineer officer or chief engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW propulsion power or more.
Duration: 5 Days
Attendance: 100% attendance is required
Entry Requirements: Students should hold a deck or engineering certificate of competency at the operational level and meet the minimum seagoing service requirements for the issue of a management level COC.
Accreditation: MCA (UK)