Diploma in International Freight Forwarding & Logistics
June 27, 2021
Freight forwarders plan and execute shipments through all modes of transport. They are responsible for researching routes, rates, carriers, providing quotes to customers, making arrangements for shipments, monitoring shipments, and managing transport documentation.
Aim of the Diploma:
Freight forwarders plan and execute shipments through all modes of transport. They are responsible for researching routes, rates, carriers, providing quotes to customers, making arrangements for shipments, monitoring shipments, and managing transport documentation. Freight forwarders work closely with shippers, consignees, carriers, warehouses, packaging companies, financial institutions, and government agencies. Freight forwarders collaborate with these parties to ensure that freight is delivered in accordance with the relevant contract and the applicable country regulations.
The aim of this Diploma in International Freight Forwarding & Logistics is to introduce the candidates to the various disciplines and complexities of International Freight Forwarding and Global Supply Chain. The course will enable them to acquire and maintain the knowledge and skills required to execute the complete range of tasks expected from a professional Freight Forwarder and Logistics Manager.
Structure of the Diploma:
The Diploma in International Freight Forwarding & Logistics comprises fifteen (15) modules:
- Scope of Freight Forwarding & Logistics
- Sea Transport
- The Maritime Containers
- Air Transport
- Road Transport
- Rail Transport
- Inland Waterways Transport
- Multi-modal Transport
- Packaging, Packing, Marking & Labelling
- Customs & Port procedures
- Warehousing, Inventory and Distribution
- Marine & Cargo Insurance
- Dangerous Goods
- Information & Communication Technology
- Safety & Security in Logistics
- Acquire the knowledge and skills required for running the business of Freight Forwarding and Logistics in a professional manner
- Knowledge of the advanced techniques in the International Freight Forwarding & Logistics industry.
This course is designed to meet the educational needs of two main groups:
- Individuals who are new to the international transportation, trade, logistics, and supply chain industries and need to acquire new skills and knowledge to become more employable
- Those who are currently working in these industries and wish to upgrade their skills and knowledge to advance their career.
Duration: The diploma course duration is six hundred (600) hours comprising four hundred and fifty (450) hours of classroom / online teaching and one hundred and fifty (150) hours of assignments, case studies and presentation spread over thirty (30) weeks The classes will be conducted from Sunday to Thursday every week from 0800 hours to 1100 hours.
Assessment: Written assessments comprising subjective questions as well as quizzes with 60% passing marks.
Attendance: 90% attendance is required.
Entry Requirements: Preferred entry requirement is a bachelor degree in any discipline. Minimum entry requirement is a Diploma in a relevant discipline accompanied with minimum of 2 years of experience.
Diploma Award: On successful completion of the Diploma Course comprising fifteen (15) modules, a Diploma in International Freight Forwarding & Logistics will be issued by Abu Dhabi Maritime Academy recognised by National Qualification Authority (NQA) U.A.E. certifying that the holder of the certificate has completed thirty credits (1350 hours) of structured learning in International Freight Forwarding & Logistics. The Diploma certificate will also provide details of the topics that are covered.
Accreditation: FIATA accredited & NQC Endorsed.